Tips For Self Tanning
The self-tanning products are not only supposed to remove that pale skin but also to provide you protection against the sun. Also, the tan thus gained is easily washable. With the addition of ingredients like Vitamin E and aloe vera in to these lotions, they have become better and good for the skin. With these tanning lotions coming in variety of shades, one is spoilt for choice. You do want to look like the most fashionable diva in town but it is a good idea to do a patch test before applying any of these lotions. You just might be allergic to them for all that you know.
Here are some tips that will give you a longer-lasting, better tan:
- Before going in for any kind of self-tanning, just exfoliate, so that all loose and dead patches of skin are removed. Also, if your skin is smoother, your tan lasts longer and better. Use any of the exfoliating scrubs or loofahs avialable in the market and give yourself a good scrub under a hot shower. And yes, do not forget to dry yourself thoroughly before applying the self-tanner. Otherwise, it will lead to a blothy look.
- Before tanning yourself, go in for some moisturizing. This will help the self-tanner to spread easily and also prevent the chances of streaking. You can even mix a moisturiser with the self-tanner to dilute it and to get a lighter color. This is especially true for all the dry areas of the body including the elbows, knees and the heels. These areas absorb more color and become darker than the rest of the body, which obviously looks odd. So, try and go slow while applying the self-tanner on these areas.
- Use long, firm strokes to apply the product evenly and smoothly. It will help you avoid any color variations and make the tan look smoother.
- Try and keep yourself uncovered for at least half an hour. This will prevent any kind of stains on your clothes as well as the bedcovers.
- These self-tanning lotions can also stain your hands and nails, which can turn their color in to ugly orange. So, wear surgical gloves before using any of these products so that the whole world doesn't come to know that you were busy applying lotions this weekend.
- The tanning lotion will get accumulated in areas where there are laughter lines and wrinkles. Also, it can get accumulated around the sides of the nose, eyebrows and the hairline. So, wipe it off with a cotton bud.
- If you find that you have acquired streaks, try and rub a slice of lemon or a toner with a cotton bud. This will remove the excess color.
- If you choose to spray yourself with a tan, be sure to protect your eyes and mouth and to wipe your skin with a towel after application.
- While using a tanning bed or a lamp, be careful not to overdo it and watch the time.
Try out these tips and see the results as they turn out in best of their shape. All the best!