Make Your Own Tanning Oil
- Category: Indoor Tanning
When it comes to tanning, tan lovers have two options to choose from- sun tanning and indoor tanning. Indoor tanning can further be attained via various methods. Many people use various cosmetic products such as mousse and creams to get tanned. However, you have a better option that is free from all chemicals and is way cheaper as compared to other indoor tanning products. Make your own tanning oil that would be all natural and capable of giving you a tan of your choice.
Stepwise guide to make your own tanning oil
* First you require the oil that will be the base for the finished product. Oil will serve two purposes. It will keep the skin from getting dry as well as provide a screen to protect you from the harmful rays of the sun. You can use olive oil that is rich in nutrients and minerals, for this purpose. So, fill half of a bottle with olive oil. This base oil will soften the skin as well as attract sunlight. Other additives such as aloe vera, almond oil, lanolin, eucalyptus oil, cocoa butter, etc. can be added to form the base oil.
* Now to this solution, add few drops of iodine. Iodine actually forms a mild sunscreen and protects the skin from harmful UV rays.
* Add a tablespoon of carrot juice to the mixture. It will work as a tan enhancer. Besides, it will darken the skin and make it healthy too.
* Finally, cover the bottle with a cap and shake it vigorously. All the ingredients will mix up properly. Open the bottle again and put the oil all over the body before you go out in the sun.
* Reapply the oil after swimming or sweating.
* It facilitates natural tanning.
* It moisturizes your skin and keeps it soft.
* Vitamins and minerals in carrot juice prove beneficial for your skin.
* It gives a golden tan effect and a much darker tone.
* It slows down the aging process
Tanning oil doesn't offer sunscreen protection and can lead to sun burns. Also, avoid applying too much oil as it would clog the skin pores. Especially before you enter in a pool, remove excess tan oil. Moreover, refrain from application of tan oil in a place where there are insects.
Now with your tanning oil, you are all set to get the tan effect as well as sun protection. However, try to not stay under the sun for long to avoid burns.