Airbrush Tanning SolutionsAirbrush tanning is one of the safest artificial tanning methods available today. Using an airbrush to affect a tan may be fairly harmless, but you must understand certain implications before you opt for this method to get tanned. The most widely used color additive found in airbrush tanning solutions is the DHA or dihydroxyacetone. The substance, while approved by the FDA, is restricted to external use only.
It should not be sprayed on the eyes, mouth or nose at any time. Neither should it be inhaled ingested or exposed to the eye area or other mucous membranes. Research has not yet been conducted on the safety of the substance and any possible side effects that it may bring with itself. Therefore, the key point is to take all the required precautions when getting tanned via airbrush tanning method.
* Use goggles to protect the eyes while undergoing the process.
* Nose plugs for your nostrils are also recommended along with ear plugs for your ears.
* Apply balm or any other coating for the lips while getting an airbrush tan.
Here are some other tips to help you make the most of your airbrush tanning session.
* Exfoliate well before a tanning session. This will help you get rid of dead skin cells and any excess body oil which may inhabit the process of absorption of the applied solution. An effective body scrub or a gentle body brush should do the trick. If you are taking a bath before the session, remember to use a mild soap as the Ph of your skin can actively affect the primary ingredient- the DHA.
* While moisturising is the next obvious step after exfoliating, you should skip it completely in this case. Applying moisturiser a couple of hours before the session may end up clogging your pores and thereby minimizing the penetration process of the solution into your skin.
* Get rid of any makeup you have had on before a session as it may clog your pores just like the moisturizer.
* Remember to shave or wax before an airbrush tanning session as the tanning solution may cling to any body hair present reducing the effectiveness of the substance. This usually results in an uneven tan.
* Keep your hair pinned up throughout the session to prevent any uneven application or staining due to hair hanging over the face.
* Wear a dark coloured cotton swimsuit during the process as DHA- the primary substance found in airbrush tanning can stain almost any fabric.
Also, remember not to wear closed shoes or indulge in a shower or strenuous exercise for at least 8 hours after you've undergone an airbrush tanning session. And most importantly, remember to moisturise your skin after the session. This will enhance the longevity of your tan and also provide your skin with the much needed nourishment.